Thursday, November 03, 2005

my gallbladder and me

"I broke a rib, so I went in to make sure that was what was hurting. Dr. agreed with me but he thought an ultra-sound was in order to make sure that I hadn't damaged any organs. The report said that my organs were fine but my gall bladder was full of stones. great.
I had the surgery last Tuesday. It was supposed to be a walk in the park.right. They did it laproscopically so recovery time is minimal. After the surgery, about an hour after I came out of the anesthesia, they told me 'you don't need to be here to sleep, you can do that at home.'
They removed a gangrenous gall bladder full of the 30 stones. Good thing I got it taken care of I guess. Linda took me to surgery and was there to bring me home. God bless her.
The next night I had to go to the Emergency Room. I was in terrible pain that the Percocet just didn't hit, I was nauseous, I had a difficult time even catching a breath to breathe, and I had a fever of 103.7 and rising. I was scared. I think Ed was too.
The quickly plugged me into the oxygen, took vials of blood, hooked me up to that 'juice bag on a stick'. I was dehydrated. I think they gave me another one also. They did a new urinalyis. At some point the fever broke. I was drenched and so was the bed. The gave me something like Valium in the drip to get me calmed down and breathing correctly. They finally were satisfied that there was enough oxygen in my blood and that I was hydrated enough. My meds were changed. It looked like I was going to pull through."
--

This author of this story reminded me of my worst attacks when she mentioned difficulty catching a breath. I had this experience too but I haven't read much about this symptom of a bad gallstone attack.

--
Earn your college degree online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home