Friday, July 29, 2005

"I still have those damn hospital bills"

Subject to Change: What's up with this?: "I had been having gallbladder attacks that felt worse than labor pains for an entire YEAR before I'd do anything about it because I knew I was looking at thousands of dollars worth of debt to have it taken care of. And you know what the doctor at the ER tried to do? He tried to tell me it was indigestion, give me an antacid and send me home. He said I was too young and too thin to have gallstones. I told him I knew it was my gallbladder and insisted on having an ultrasound to confirm it. Sure enough, they were huge stones and my gallbladder was so inflamed they wouldn't even let me leave the hospital for fear that I would eat something and make it worse. I had to be hooked up to an IV for days with no food so the inflammation would go down before they would operate. I still have those damn hospital bills. "
--

Sometimes there is no option other than surgery, but often it is an unnecessary risk and a financial burden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home